Saturday 22 December 2012

Earth, Air, Water, Fire

This piece is sold.
"EARTH, AIR, WATER, FIRE" was the theme for The Cyber Fibre Journal Group.  and it's title is the same.

It took me a while to come up with an idea: that earth + air + water + fire(sun) = LIFE!  This was a theme that I chose for the group, but that didn't make the process any easier!  This 'cutaway' of the earth is an idea that I have seen done a few times before in different media, but I hope I have interpreted LIFE in my own whimsical way, using my own elements.




















Size about 9” x 12”


Here's a close up:



















Materials and techniques: commercial fabrics, fusible applique, machine embroidery, oil paintstik, hand embroidery, and machine quilting.  I used the metallic sliver thread by Sulky and was very pleased with how well it behaved and I really love the effect in the raindrops.


No comments:

Post a Comment